Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rachael getting married


This is my favourite of all the 2008 Oscar nominated films.
Favourite for 4 reasons -
1. Bill Irwin (Rachel's dad)
2. Jonathan Demme (The director, of the Silence of the lambs fame)
3. Anne Hathaway (NOT Rachel, but her younger sister Kym) and
4. Rosamarie DeWitt (Rachel, who in real life is the grand-daughter of James Braddock, the Cinderella Man)
in that order.

The reason I have picked the above pic is becoz it has 3 of the 4 ppl I mentioned :)

I dont remember crying so much during any film since Masoom (which btw always makes me cry).

If you like hat-ke movies, and dont mind emotional dramas, do give this one a try..

[Spoiler ahead]
I simply LOVED the character of Bill Irwin - a father who knows his younger daughter is completely messed up, has lost a son, but is thrilled to get together with his family for his elder daughter's wedding! I loved the dishwasher scene, and the way it ended.
Loved the confrontation between Kym and her mom about who is responsible for her brother's death, and also loved almost all of Rachel's dialogues with Kym.
Heck, to put simply, just loved the movie overall!
[/Spoiler ends]

1 comment:

Meghana Kshirsagar said...

:-) will try to watch. I skipped the Spoiler section :-D
And btw, I had also wanted to watch "He's just not that into you" because the name of the movie struck something inside :-P I didn't watch for the same reasons you mentioned - the IMDB rating and also that it seemed like a regular story.