Monday, March 23, 2009

Gulaal


I was not much of an Anurag Kashyap fan before I watched Gulaal. I went for the movie full of skepticism. Especially because after watching Dev.D, I was convinced that all Anurag Kashyap movies are just dark and full of foul language!
Gulaal is no different in that sense - definitely dark, and the music lends an eerie feel too (I still dont get why the weird red and blue painted dancer accompanied Prithvi Bana)! But despite the weird dark feel, the movie is engaging. Performances of the entire cast are simply brilliant! I haven't really seen a movie based on this theme earlier, so the story was a delight to watch unfold.

[Spoiler ahead]
To me the most intriguing part of the film was - the manipulative natures of all the characters, especially the women.

No comments: