Monday, August 11, 2008

Amadeus









When I first read brief description of the story, I wondered how it is possible for the life story of Mozart to be an interesting one?
Geniuses like that, I mistakenly assumed, lead a lonely, work-filled life!
The truth couldn't be further from my imagination..
Mozart was a natural, effortlessly brilliant, and lead as colourful a life as Casanova :D
If, like me, you dont enjoy Opera, never mind, just fwd those scenes. But do watch the rest of the movie, just to appreciate the awesome performances by the 2 actors :)

Trivia:
Amadeus, Mozart's middle name, means beloved of God, which is so obvious once you have seen the movie!

Spoiler alert:
My favourite moment of the movie: Salieri toils for hours to write a composition for Mozarts welcome to Vienna. After listening to the piece only once, Mozart improvises, and in a matter of minutes comes up with a mind-numbingly wonderful rendition of that same musical piece!

No comments: